Monday, October 18, 2010

McDonald's Double Cheeseburger Value Meal

After seeing Jackass 3D, I began to drive home when hunger hit me. I began thinking of the restaurant options in the area and settled on McDonalds. I love their Double Cheeseburgers and haven’t had one in five or six months. So I stop by McDonalds and look at the menu – I was tempted by the Big Mac, but the $8 price tag deterred me. I decided to stick with the Double Cheeseburger Value Meal and the employee says “Your total is $5.64.” I’ll admit, I’m kind of cheap when it comes to eating out, but I expected the price to be much lower. I can get $3.99 meals at both Wendy’s and Tim Horton’s and I just assumed McDonalds would offer the same.
The McDonalds was not busy, so I got fries right out of the fryer and burgers right off the grill (Oh, how the size of the patties have shrunk!!). Both tasted excellent! The one thing I don’t like about McDonalds is that once the fries get cold, they taste awful, so I ate them rather quickly. The Double Cheeseburger tasted just like I expected to taste. Regardless of its smaller size, it served the need.
So, despite the increased cost and reduced size, I enjoyed the meal. I don’t visit McDonalds often, but they’ve managed to keep the taste the same, so I’ll probably go back (not for a month or two though).
So vote below - Treasure or Trash McDonald’s Double Cheeseburgers!

9 comments:

  1. i treasure it but all though the prices r high i still like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trash. McDonald's food quality has always been sub-par compared to other fast food restaurants. The price for what you get is not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trash - that is not real food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turn to McDonlad's every once in a while for that comforting taste of my youth.. only to feel like I wasted my money, my time and my health after eating it. It always taste so much better before that first bite :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trash. I always feel terrible after eating McDonald's, does a number on your health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trash. Get any burger (cheap as you want) and order it "dressed as a big mac".

    -Fitz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, conflicted. Good taste, bad price. I can easily buy a ham sandwich for the same price which will fill me up the same. Guess I'm gonna have to go with trash on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Treasure.... The Double Cheeseburgers are my wife vice.
    Yummy Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm ashamed to say that McD's double cheeseburgers are one of my secret vices, especially since they are on the DOLLAR MENU here! Treasure!

    ReplyDelete