Monday, November 8, 2010

Due Date - The Movie


I had some time to kill while waiting for my fiancé to get off work, so I saw this movie Friday - went in with no high expectations. The commercials were funny, so I figured why not?

Cost – 1000 Scene Points (Free!) – Due Date

Honestly, if you've seen the commercials, you've already seen this movie. I read a review for it after seeing it and couldn't agree with it more...

"Due Date is a DVD rental at the end of the day. Even with its flaws and warts, it has individual moments of comedy. When you have actors of this calibre, they are going to find their way once in a while. They just don't find their way enough to justify spending ten dollars on a movie ticket. I'd say seventy-five percent of the film is uneven and about twenty-five percent of the film is funny. In the end, though, you can't help but feel disappointed by the finished project. This could have been so much better.”

That being said, I did laugh out loud at least 5 times, so there are some good moments, but overall it falls short. It’s not even comparable to The Hangover, in my opinion.

I give it a Trash.

2 comments:

  1. I agree without seeing it. Dont like either actor. Especially Galifinakis. Dude's another Will Ferrel. Same role, every damn movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard not to like a movie with Robert Downey Hottie Jr in it, so, just for lookin' at him I'd say treasure!

    ReplyDelete