Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tim’s *NEW* Sausage Breakfast Wrap

So, I finally got around to buying my second item to put into my blog. Looks like Linkin Park’s CD got 6 Treasure votes and 0 Trash votes. Let see how this next purchase pans out.

It is the *NEW* breakfast wrap from Tim Horton’s (Everyone knows Tim Horton’s right??).
Sausage Breakfast Wrap                               Cost $1.99
The initial thing that caught my attention was the price. For $1.99, you get a whole wheat wrap, filled with scrambled eggs, a sausage patty cut in half and some...sauce – pretty sweet deal.
I wasn’t overly impressed with the wrap. Because the sausage patty is pretty big, it didn’t wrap very tight and all the eggs fell out when I went to take my first bite. Sigh. I re-wrapped it and continued. I wasn’t particularly fond of the sauce flavour. Don’t ask me what it was, I couldn’t tell you – probably a spicy ranch of some sort. I didn’t like the taste of the wrap either; I much prefer the tea biscuit or English muffin to hold it together.
Overall, I consider this a trash buy. I’ll likely never get it again and will probably stick with the breakfast sandwiches for 0.50 cents more.
Readers, place your vote below! Have you tried it? Liked it? Disliked it? Good price? Still too expensive for a breakfast item? Vote Treasure or Trash in the comment section!

15 comments:

  1. good price, but the look alone makes me want to puke. The sauce is a chipotle sauce I believe.. Looked like Subways Southerwestern Chipotle sauce.

    So I'd say trash, in my opinion. just the thought of it is throwing my stomach off.

    ps bagel & cream cheese is like .30 cents less :P lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried the wrap recently. It has nothing on the regular breakfast sandwich (especially when it's on a delightful cheddar bagel). I also found the sauce to be indescribable and unpleasant. This item does offer variety (or at least a variation on a theme) but to me it's so far below the bar that there's no point in getting one. Trash it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... as a non supporter of Tim Horton's, I can't be un-bais on this one.
    This is Trash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trash i'd say. I generally opt for a simple toasted bagel with cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, trash I think. I bought one, and it didn't taste that great. So I figure, hey, if they're gonna rip off McDonald's breakfast wrap they should at least give out some salsa. I put that on, and it tasted ok from that point. Poor marketing, poor materials, yeah, trash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can have quite a good breakfast in Singapore for $1.99

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent tried it, but if its something cheap to fill your belly go for it. But if you can spend the extra $$, get a breakfast sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to add trash to my commnet

    ReplyDelete
  9. trash trash trash... the price is good but usually that reflects the quality as well.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trash.
    Breakfast sandwich on english muffin is my fav.
    (Male, 24)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trash. Sausage and wraps just don't go together and you are right, they don't hold scrambled eggs either. Never try to guess the sauce, because you would be surprised what goes in it. There is nothing better than the good old fashioned way, so they should stick with it. $1.50, sorry, not worth it and not worth the hastle trying to eat it. Great story and go for the "real" thing, what is in the sausage anyway?????

    ReplyDelete
  12. the only good breakfast wraps are homemade...so..trash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha, maybe Tim Horton's should stick to coffee and donuts... they're good at that, classic Timmy's breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trash it. I haven't tried it, but it looks gross and comparable to the Big Mac wrap at McDonalds. Yuck

    ReplyDelete