Sunday, September 26, 2010

My First Purchase/Item

I didn’t get around to doing any shopping this weekend, so I will just use my latest purchase as my first item for Treasure or Trash. The item:
Audio CD – Linkin Park – A Thousand Suns                            Cost $12.99
As a fan of this band for close to a decade, there was no doubt I was buying this CD. But then, I started reading reviews (it was released early online) and fans weren’t too pleased with the CD. Linkin Park has changed its sound as the band grows and evolves. As a loyal fan, it didn’t matter what the reviews were, I went out and purchased it. After a few listents to the CD, I definately think it was a Treasure purchase.
So, blog readers, this is your chance to vote Treasure or Trash.
Reasons you may vote Treasure
1. You like the band/music
2. You don’t agree with illegally downloading music
3. It was a good price
4. You'll listen to it for years to come


Reasons you may vote Trash
1. You don’t like the band/music
2. You'll get bored of it when a new CD comes out
3. You think CDs are extinct
4. It was overpriced
The criteria you use to vote is up to you!! Please leave a comment below your vote, age and gender. Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. I think it was a treasure.. Great price, you supported the band by buying the cd (even tho it will just sit in your collection).. Not to mention some cds have very cool art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote treasure... Good price, plus I like their new sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those things that's beauty in the eye of the beholder. You love the band, so to you it's a treasure so that's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treasure. That's an awesome price for a CD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Treasure. That's a great price for a CD for a band you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treasure. You're buying the music and supporting a band you like.

    Just make sure you get the most out of it. (If it were me, I'd burn it as a WPA file and carry it around on my iPhone so I could listen to it anywhere.)

    Ric, Age 35, Greatest Raw Deal Player who ever lived

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definately treasure, i bought it too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be the first to vote Trash.
    I've been a long time fan of the band and this album was a disappointment.
    I was one of the ones who got the "early release", played it in my car for a couple days, and like many other CDs started skipping to best tracks, but after very short time, I was skipping over everything and the CD was pulled from the player.
    I'm still an avid fan and eagerly await their next release.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shorty says... A Thousand Suns rocks... The catalyst is an awesome song, i listen to it many times a day... definitely Treasure

    ReplyDelete